Inconvenient News,
       by smintheus

Monday, October 16, 2006

  The nature of the Enemy we face



If I were fierce, and bald, and short of breath,
I'd live with scarlet Majors at the Base,
And speed glum heroes up the line to death.
You'd see me with my puffy, petulant face,
Guzzling and gulping in the best hotel,
Reading the Roll of Honour. 'Poor young chap,
'I'd say --- 'I used to know his father well;
Yes, we've lost heavily in this last scrap.'
And when the war is done and youth stone dead,
I'd toddle safely home and die --- in bed.

-Seigfreid Sassoon, WWI vet


"Time and time again, we're seeing examples of Democratic Party leaders apparently having lost their perspective concerning the nature of the enemy we face," [Cheney] told his Republican supporters.

Indeed.

hat tip to Puma at Past is Prologue

2 Comments:

  • The hawks would have more credibility if any of them had served in the military...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

  • wil, as the old saying goes, "Every problem looks like a nail when your only tool is somebody else's hammer."

    Or maybe that's not quite it...

    By Blogger : smintheus ::, at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home