Inconvenient News,
       by smintheus

Monday, April 24, 2006

  Still lying, after all these years

George W. Bush just cannot get his fill of lying to the public. It's as if he's adicted to lying, gets his jollies from standing in front of people who know better and telling bald-faced lies. Today in Irvine, California Bush put on one of his crazy talk specials.

And here's the danger of having an enemy with a safe haven in Iraq, Iraq has got wealth. Iraq has -- had weapons of mass destruction and has the knowledge as to how to produce weapons of mass destruction. And the confluence of a terrorist network with weapons of mass destruction is the biggest threat the United States of America faces. They have said it's just a matter of time.


Ok, so what the heck is that about? Where are those WMD from Iraq? And how did Iraq become a haven for terrorists, except by your invasion of the country?

But it's very important for the American people to understand that they're trying to run us out of Iraq for a purpose. And the purpose is to be able to have safe haven from which to launch further attacks.


I suspect that most Americans have figured out by now that the Iraqis are trying to run us out of their country--which we're occupying. That's what's behind all the deaths and things.

I based a lot of my foreign policy decisions on some things that I think are true. One, I believe there's an Almighty, and secondly, I believe one of the great gifts of the Almighty is the desire in everybody's soul, regardless of what you look like or where you live, to be free.


But not free of American occupation forces?

I also wanted to let you know that it's before you commit troops that you must do everything you can to solve the problem diplomatically. And I can look you in the eye and tell you I feel I've tried to solve the problem diplomatically to the max, and would have committed troops both in Afghanistan and Iraq knowing what I know today.


This is the problem, right here. Bush can look you right in the eye and lie to you. About the diplomacy, that is, not about the rest. Of course he would have invaded Iraq no matter what facts he was presented; isn't that what he stands accused of?

I was comforted by the fact that Tommy [Franks] and I were raised in the same part of the world. He went to Midland Lee High School with Laura, by the way. I felt like -- I felt like that there was kind of a kinship to begin with...


This was the high-school friend whom Laura did not run down. So you know there was a kinship of some sort. Thus, as we have learned, Iraq is not all screwed up.

1 Comments:

  • Iraq had weapons of mass destruction?? I didn't see this on the news. Bush is such a liar, it stands to reason he'll keep saying this. But I thought he or Cheney already admitted that there weren't any?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home